Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Introducing Katherine, my darling sister and her commentary on the 4 Agreements



***So, I'd like to introduce my GORGEOUS sister, Katherine. I have nicknamed her Pebble. My grandmother, Jeanette, we call "the Rock because she has always been our "Rock" of steadfast strength and inspiration. Katherine is a good listener, great cheerleader and has great patience and empathy- she is on the path of "the Rock" so I nicknamed her Pebble, as she's like a little "Rock"

She has a wonderful husband who is a very talented landscape architect- if you are in the Lowcountry of SC give him a holla here: Furman Land Design
Anyway, she and Jody have a precious new baby, Eva, and a sweet doggie named Honey. Katherine will be sharing her insights in between nursing Eva throughout the day, her part-time job managing rental properties, and when she can squeeze it in between reading US Weekly and watching a wide array of reality television. Girlfriend has the new mom glow "goin' on" and today she emailed me her post- I particularly enjoyed her reverse psychology strategy for agreement #2. Most of us would interpret "Don't take things personally" and internalize it...Katherine has an interesting twist in educating her husband on this note, so HE can easier tolerate her less-than-loveable moments. Oh, Kat, we know you NEVER have those!!!! Enjoy! _____________________________
Katherine writes:
love it love it love it! I finally finished the first notes from your link! thanks! I really love doing this challenge with you and Mom....YaY!...now, what do I need to do and how did you learn how to do all that??? thanks for the twilight nod...ha! have you started reading it yet? you too will become a fan! I walked today, wrote in the gratitude log and listened to the notes. overall I feel like it was good and I hopefully can make time each day! I listened to the mP3 as Eva nursed my giant bazoombas and I tried to absorb all this goodness while Baby E was having her "mulk-shake" ha!ha! Sweet husband Jody was in the kitchen cooking. Jody laughed at me and said so can all this enlightenment lighten our mortgage?! haha then he really listened and said that I played the "4 Agreements" with him b/c it happened to coincide with me apologizing for being a crab today! No excuses, so I won't dwell on reasons why, but was slightly displacing my aggravations. He said that by reinforcing to HIM to "not take things personally"...that was not a free pass for me to be displacing my anger or as he said using him as a whipping boy! I told him that I was proud of him for being "aware" of the situation! haha....love you to the sky...feel free to enter any, none, all of the above commentary...love ya!
_______________________________________________________________________________
Great post, Kat! Thanks for playing....see u tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment